Despite there being little time in the day beyond helping your clients buy & sell homes, and basically little-or-no-time to be your own advertising agency… but if you can find any extra time to use some of the following marketing tips – then this article might help you boost your career up another another notch or two.
This useful list includes a potpourri of 35 extra lead generation marketing ideas.
– Online marketing success includes administering a blog full of regularly fresh and compelling content with information that lures in readers. Begin or enhance your real estate blog to attract traffic and cultivate leads. Good headlines, attractive images and appropriate content will help you engage prospects.
– Creating content consistently is a vital part of process, but how do you stay inspired while maintaining your blog? Google topics for what interests you related to your expertise. Chances are what interests you will also interest you clients too, if appropriate.
– Your blog can be a powerful tool for establishing credibility in your market and for attracting clients. Proofread to avoid posting mistakes that might scare prospects away.
– Select the best photos that will make your listings look great. Rotating photographs for stagnant listings is also a good idea.
– Since your career is mostly a face-to-face business, post the right headshot that is both professional and also personable. Your face is your visual brand! Don’t let a bad photo of you scare clients away before they even meet you. Update your photo as you age, so as to not be seen as casting false impressions. Posing for the right shot can take a couple of hours, but it will go a long way for you.
Listing Marketing Tips
– Create listing descriptions using the right key words to entice clients and quickly sell properties. Use popular keywords in your listing text to appeal to more buyers. Buzzwords like “hardwood floors” and “stainless steel appliances” peak interest.
– Convince seller prospects that you are the superhero real estate agent that will bring in a buyer for their home the fastest and for the highest price. The right preparation and presentation shows prospective clients that you have the skills and are willing to put in the effort to meet their needs.
– Learn how to assist sellers in preparing their home for their best advantage. Wasting your time with a property that is not ready for the market is more than likely a bad idea. Realistically priced properties that show sell the fastest.
Email Marketing Tips
– Looking to get in touch with prospects and referral sources? There are many different kinds of client interactions, but email scripts are a great starting point and can be modified to fit your specific needs. See our other article about email scripts from a couple of months back where we detail this issue.
– Choose subject lines that will be more likely to be opened. An appealing subject line will get more people to actually view your emails, instead of trashing them.
– Create newsletters that build your brand, establish your authority, and help keep yourself on top of the marketing game.
Social Media Marketing Tips
– Social media marketing doesn’t have to be overwhelming or too much of a ‘time suck’. Using the power of social media, you can position a listing perfectly to reach interested buyers and prospects. Build yourself up as an authority on any channel by writing a great social media bio. Create a social media profile that resonates with influencers, colleagues, and prospects.
– Facebook is a powerful source for lead generation. Try to make your FB page stand out from the crowd. Facebook ads is a way to get your content in front of the right audience and easily target your market.
– Many agents successfully use Twitter to promote their own content and connect with the community at large. Join in on the fun and learn how to tweet with the best of them. Twitter provides an organic type of platform to potentially reach thousands of clients, with various different advertising options are available.
– LinkedIn still seems to be becoming the top choice for business-minded social media marketing, on track to surpassing Facebook & Twitter in business lead generation.
Telephone Marketing Tips
– Some conversations can be tense. Always keep your cool and impress prospects on the phone. Phone etiquette is a critical part of forging strong business relationships and building a solid client database.
– Texting allows you to most quickly and conveniently communicate with client. Spruce it up with voice between every 3-7 texts. Again, it is important to make sure all your interactions, texts included, are professional and effective.
– Just an email address is all you need to engage a new prospect, and get them to reveal their phone number. If that is all you have about them, work it.
Video Marketing Tips
– Grab the attention of potential prospects with video listings & testimonials. Perhaps learn how to create stunning videos that will attract potential buyers.
– Including videos as part of your social media marketing strategy helps create relationships with potential clients. Share real estate videos on FB using these strategies, or an even wider reach.
Seasonal Marketing Tips
– No matter what your budget or schedule, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to express your gratitude and appreciation to the clients, coworkers, and business colleagues who’ve helped your real estate business thrive. There are plenty of easy and inexpensive options, so why not spread the love?
– Seize the opportunity to refresh and expand your real estate business during the fall by hosting back-to-school events and promotions. Leverage back-to-school marketing to meet new clients and reconnect with referral sources.
– It is always tough to balance holiday cheer with professional staging, keep in mind what is ‘just right.’ as opposed to ‘too much’.
– Did you know that 46% of consumers testify that a bad website is worse than no website? Position your website for success by making sure everyone knows about it. A professional website helps you reach out to prospective clients quickly and easily. Produce a great “About Me” page that gets online prospects to know something about you and trust you before they even meet you. Let your potential clients know that you enjoy working as a Real Estate Agent in your community, and are good at what you do.
– You can showcase a home on its very own single property website to market it; leverage the internet in your marketing efforts for that property.
– Collect as many testimonials from delighted customers and post them on your website and blog.
– Agent income can vary wildly depending a variety of factors, including hours worked per week, location and expenses. Teach clients how much real estate agents really make so they don’t ask you to reduce your commission.
– Be on the lookout to pick up expired listings that other agents couldn’t sell.
– Real estate is certainly a relationship-driven industry. Adding sincere note of gratitude is a powerful way to create a good rapport with prospects and fortify your bonds with past clients and colleagues. Personalized and well-written thank you cards are always a good way to retain clients and open the doors for new business.
Miscellaneous Marketing Tips
– Sometimes, real estate marketing can take turns towards the unusual. Unorthodox marketing can help you stand out from the crowd, but that’s not always a good thing. Avoid marketing banners attached public trashcans for example. Try to associate your image and brand with the finer things in life.
– Of course avoid putting your foot in your mouth when dialoging with prospects. Learn from past mistakes and rephrase conversations with clients in ways that emphasize your professionalism.